Links to Information within Placer County
- Managed Grazing — read about the benefits of managed grazing, take a learning tour, and find out about related topics like: open space in Rocklin, the nutrient cycle, reducing wildfires, invasive plant eradication, and endangered/protected species. [From the City of Rocklin]
- Invasive Plant Control — learn about preventing problems caused by non-native invasive plants at the California Invasive Plant Council website.
Current & Recent Placer County RCD Projects
SAFCA/RCD Red Sesbania Long Term Management & Maintenance Project
Following up a three-year eradication program conducted by the Sacramento Area Flood Control Agendy (SAFCA), this project will provide a ten-year Red Sesbania management and maintenance program in the Dry Creek watershed. Red Sesbania is a toxic and highly prolific riparian plant.
- 2013: report expected in spring of 2014
- 2012: no report available
- 2011 Dry Creek Red Sesbania Monitoring Report
- 2010 Dry Creek Red Sesbania Monitoring Report
- 2009 Dry Creek Sesbania Monitoring Report
- 2008 Dry Creek Sesbania Monitoring Report
- Summary of the program [PDF*, .4 MB] through 2008
- Special Projects, Dry Creek Watershed Red Sesbania Control Program, Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency